Lactation Information and Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 8 Jul 2007 13:15:24 -0400
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (60 lines)
Has anyone else read this? THoughts??
I am not sure how to make a link so I copy and pasted...hope that is okay!
Taffy
Student LC BSC center for lactation education

MESSAGE FROM INTERIM EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR J.B. CORDARO 
"I am enjoying filling the role of IBLCE Interim Executive Director and believe that I can 
bring real value to this position until a permanent person is selected. Along with the 
IBLCE Regional directors and staff, we are aggressively addressing a wide range of 
managerial, administrative, personnel, and substantive issues. I plan to update you from 
time to time on the progress we are making in these many areas and seek your wise 
counsel and suggestions. Now I want to address whether my earlier trade association 
work is consistent enough with the mission and objectives of IBLCE. For the record let me 
lay out a few relevant facts to put the matter to rest.

First, my previous work history was provided in full and complete transparent detail in 
my resume and fully vetted in my discussions with the IBLCE Chairperson and reference 
checks.

Second, I have a long and impeccable track record of support of breastfeeding from my 
international development assistance experiences, including most recently with the Global 
Alliance For Improved Nutrition (GAIN); my graduate work in nutrition policy at Cornell 
University under the guidance of (studies/co-thesis chairman) one of the worlds leading, 
outspoken, and knowledgeable breastfeeding experts; and my personal family support for 
the value of breastfeeding has been steadfast.

Third, while I was the CRN President, I never--not even once--addressed infant formula 
issues as this was not a part of our responsibilities. Some members had a wide range of 
products--from chemicals, trees/lumber, beverages, paintball supplies, OTCs, drugs, and 
a host of other products, including divisions that manufactured infant formula products. 
However, CRN members' dues were based on dietary supplement products and the 
ingredients used in those supplement products. Thus, during my tenure we did not have 
responsibility for infant formula products nor funds to engage the issue. Indeed, another 
trade association represented infant formula issues.

Fourth, I signed a contract with IBLCE which stipulates that I will be in compliance with 
the WHO Breastfeeding Code and IBLCE's Conflict of Interest statement.

Fifth, I want to be fairly judged by my IBLCE conduct--beliefs, words, deeds, actions and 
adherence to the terms of my contractual agreement-- as IBLCE Interim Executive 
Director not unfairly portrayed or characterized for previous misrepresented associations 
by people who do not know me.

In conclusion, IBLCE has magnificent and unlimited opportunities to grow our organization 
and to help improve the health and well being of millions of women and children around 
the world. It is a disservice to our unique mission to become distracted from the tasks 
needed to fulfill our global responsibility. Together we can make it happen!

Thank you.

Archives: http://community.lsoft.com/archives/LACTNET.html
Mail all commands to [log in to unmask]
To temporarily stop your subscription: set lactnet nomail
To start it again: set lactnet mail (or [log in to unmask])
To unsubscribe: unsubscribe lactnet or ([log in to unmask])
To reach list owners: [log in to unmask]

ATOM RSS1 RSS2