Reply To:
Lactation Information and Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 18 Sep 2012 11:24:47 -0500
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (29 lines)
We are looking at this also, looking at the idea of doing bath on mother's chest and rewarming there rather than in the warmer. IN the OLD days when I worked L&D, we did bath under a warmer only uncovering one part of body at a time, then dried well, capped and placed baby skin to skin.  I've since been up to do non-separation babies this way and found they didn't get cold at all.  And dad makes a pretty good warming tray as well.  Only problem with dad was in one of my babies - daddy overheated the baby a bit!  

-----Original Message-----
From: Lactation Information and Discussion [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Pat Young
Sent: Monday, September 17, 2012 11:31 AM
Subject: Re: delayed bathing - infection control

Contact the University of MI  at Ann Arbor, MI.  They don't bathe babies until parents ask for bath and they do it in the mom's room under a warmer that is kept for just this purpose. (the warmer is cleaned and returned to a safekeeping place on the floor after the bath.)  I certainly think that going back to STS after the bath is better than a mechanical warmer, whenever and where ever  baby gets bathed.
Unless mom is known HIV or other blood borne  contagious illness,  I think your infection control people are out of control :-)  Pat in SNJ. 

Archives: http://community.lsoft.com/archives/LACTNET.html
To reach list owners: [log in to unmask]
Mail all list management commands to: [log in to unmask]
COMMANDS:
1. To temporarily stop your subscription write in the body of an email: set lactnet nomail 2. To start it again: set lactnet mail 3. To unsubscribe: unsubscribe lactnet 4. To get a comprehensive list of rules and directions: get lactnet welcome

Archives: http://community.lsoft.com/archives/LACTNET.html
To reach list owners: [log in to unmask]
Mail all list management commands to: [log in to unmask]
COMMANDS:
1. To temporarily stop your subscription write in the body of an email: set lactnet nomail
2. To start it again: set lactnet mail
3. To unsubscribe: unsubscribe lactnet
4. To get a comprehensive list of rules and directions: get lactnet welcome

ATOM RSS1 RSS2