Reply To:
Lactation Information and Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 20 Dec 2006 05:50:32 +0000
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (21 lines)
I realize you said that pumping was not an option for this mother at work, but could you and she re-visit that subject? The dropping of all the daytime feeds is a big problem at only 3 months postpartum and then adding the estrogen was deleterious too. The most important thing for her to do now is to resume bf the baby as much as possible. Can mother express by hand if she can't pump? Is storing the milk the main problem? I'd rather see her express and discard it than to stop the daytime production alltogether. However, if she can express even one time during the workday, I don't see why she couldn't save it, and she will have a better chance. Sometimes one has to brainstorm all possible ways to do the expressing. I don't think herbal nor prescription galactagogues will do a whole lot of good if mom does not feed nor express all day long. I hope a solution can be found.  As to the IUD, I would defer to her primary provider such as her obstetrician/gynecologist or midwife. I am not aware of any problems with bf, but the uterine thinning situation as it relates to the IUD use would be out of my league.

Now to the soap: I did a google search for "castile soap packets" (make sure you spell it with just one "l" ) and came up with numerous vendors offering 1/3 oz (0.3) packets for sale in bulk. Can you google this, Brenda?

Laurie Wheeler, IBCLC, MN, RN
Mississippi, s.e. USA

To temporarily stop your subscription: set lactnet nomail
To start it again: set lactnet mail (or digest)
To unsubscribe: unsubscribe lactnet
All commands go to [log in to unmask]

The LACTNET email list is powered by LISTSERV (R).
There is only one LISTSERV. To learn more, visit:
http://www.lsoft.com/LISTSERV-powered.html

ATOM RSS1 RSS2