Lactation Information and Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 9 Mar 2017 17:14:06 -0500
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (22 lines)
Hello Lactnet,
I am helping a 31y/0 primip with a NICU baby born at 28 weeks, now corrected 2 wks old.  BW was lb 6z (636g) and is now 5lbs5oz.  Baby male is fed exclusively EBM via bottle and he accepts a shield as well.  The baby was discharged from hosp. 1.5 weeks ago, and neonatologists were requesting that mother add fortifier was prolacta and then the enfamil product.   Finally, he was put on neosure as a fortifier, added to EBM.

When I started helping her the goal was to directly feed, although the pediatrician wants her to continue to fortify.  She can pump up to 1,000ml a day and has alot stored.  I want to give her instructions on using her own milk as a supplement by separating it into high fat and low fat and using the high fat to add to the milk that he is drinking via bottle. Or, she could use the high fat milk in a supplemter.

Trouble is I am not finding a protocol or procedure for how to do it exactly?  She would like some instructions and all i could tell her was to let it separate and add the fat that comes to the top as her fortifier.

Does anyone out there have such a protocol?  Or know where we could find it?
Thanks so much,
LjBerkeley, IBCLC on the Border with Mexico

Archives: http://community.lsoft.com/archives/LACTNET.html
To reach list owners: [log in to unmask]
Mail all list management commands to: [log in to unmask]
COMMANDS:
1. To temporarily stop your subscription write in the body of an email: set lactnet nomail
2. To start it again: set lactnet mail
3. To unsubscribe: unsubscribe lactnet
4. To get a comprehensive list of rules and directions: get lactnet welcome

ATOM RSS1 RSS2