Date:
Sun, 11 Nov 2007 04:58:20 -0800
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (25 lines)
Dear friends,

This will be my third and thus last posting for today,
Thank you, Rachel for your ''grumpyness''. For me, this was the turning point in my views of Medela's selling activities. You made it clear to me, that the intention to have moms predominantly ''breast-milk-feeding'' instead of ''at-breastfeeding'' is what breaks the Code. I recall now others have pointed this out, too, and I over-read it.
It is breaking down ''the art and process of mothering at breast'' to ''feeding the perfect food''. And though this is a growing all-day reality in various parts of the world, there certainly is no need to enhance it. In fact it is not about the showing of bottles and even teats, but the not-mentioning of breastfeeding (at-breastfeeding) as the norm and the lack of acknowledgment that breastfeeding is much more than pooring the best nutrients into an infant. 

So, what needs to be done is to ensure Medela that they have to first bring out the message of breastfeeding (not human milk feeding) and only after that the message that in cases at-breastfeeding is not possible, their stuff comes in handy. And that their information should be the same in any country or region they operate in.

Warmly,

Gonneke, IBCLC, LLLL, gaining understanding in southern Netherlands

Archives: http://community.lsoft.com/archives/LACTNET.html
To reach list owners: [log in to unmask]
Mail all list management commands to: [log in to unmask]
COMMANDS:
1. To temporarily stop your subscription write in the body of an email: set lactnet nomail
2. To start it again: set lactnet mail
3. To unsubscribe: unsubscribe lactnet
4. To get a comprehensive list of rules and directions: get lactnet welcome

ATOM RSS1 RSS2