Reply To:
Lactation Information and Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 3 May 2014 17:36:00 -0400
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (1 lines)
Mom's still have the option of buying one. You could point that out to the docs.  The hospital my daughter delivered in isn't baby friendly but they do not provide pacifiers.  You can,  however,  buy one in the gift shop. 

Sent from my T-Mobile 4G LTE Device

<div>-------- Original message --------</div><div>From: Brenda Phipps <[log in to unmask]> </div><div>Date:05/03/2014  2:00 PM  (GMT-05:00) </div><div>To: [log in to unmask] </div><div>Subject: Physician resistance to getting rid of pacifiers </div><div>
</div>I work as an LC in a hospital setting, and spearheaded our hospital to become the first in the state to get rid of formula discharge bags. I have tried for a number of years to convince my OB manager to get rid of the pacifiers, and have always had a struggle convincing her to do this. Now she is bravely conceding that this is going to happen. She wants them 100% off the floor. Yay!! One more step to becoming Baby Friendly! But what we are finding to be a HUGE (and somewhat amusing) problem: the pediatricians are incredibly upset about it. Yikes - you mean they don't read their own AAP suggestions?? How can this be? They seem to think that the stressed out moms need them, and that the late preterm babies will suffer.

If anyone on the list has experience with getting rid of pacifiers in their facility, and getting negative feedback from the docs, I would very much appreciate your input on how to deal with the attitudes that prevail. I want to be armed (and dangerous). My hope is that within a few months this will be a complete non issue.  Thank you all!!

Brenda Phipps, BS, IBCLC

Archives: http://community.lsoft.com/archives/LACTNET.html
To reach list owners: [log in to unmask]
Mail all list management commands to: [log in to unmask]
COMMANDS:
1. To temporarily stop your subscription write in the body of an email: set lactnet nomail
2. To start it again: set lactnet mail
3. To unsubscribe: unsubscribe lactnet
4. To get a comprehensive list of rules and directions: get lactnet welcome

Archives: http://community.lsoft.com/archives/LACTNET.html

To reach list owners: [log in to unmask]

Mail all list management commands to: [log in to unmask]

COMMANDS:

1. To temporarily stop your subscription write in the body of an email: set lactnet nomail

2. To start it again: set lactnet mail

3. To unsubscribe: unsubscribe lactnet

4. To get a comprehensive list of rules and directions: get lactnet welcome

ATOM RSS1 RSS2