Reply To:
Lactation Information and Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 1 Feb 2000 16:03:57 +0100
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (11 lines)
Gail Hertz' timely reminder that all groups have their good and less good members contains a challenge to the users of health services to choose well.  This assumes one has the means to choose: geographic accessibility, and, unless something has changed drastically in the US since I left, economic accessibility.
Just a gentle reminder that unless both these things are in order, the word choice has a narrower meaning than I normally associate with it.  Where I grew up, there was great geographic availability but the economic factors made a mockery of it for many people.  Where I live now, there are no economic barriers to the individual's access to comprehensive health services, but the geographic availability is miserable!  Given the choice, I am personally happier to stay here, even though I don't have all the choices I might like in the best of all possible worlds.
Rachel
at my PC trying to divert my thoughts from the premiere performance of our local hospital satirical cabaret, in which I will be making my stage debut in just 4 hours!

The LACTNET mailing list is powered by L-Soft's renowned
LISTSERV(R) list management software together with L-Soft's LSMTP(TM)
mailer for lightning fast mail delivery. For more information, go to:
http://www.lsoft.com/LISTSERV-powered.html

ATOM RSS1 RSS2