Lactation Information and Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 27 Jan 2009 13:53:38 +0100
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (28 lines)
Hi all,

I am thrilled today, because the guideline about letting baby cry it out, that was about to be implemented, is off!!
I've worked my but off the last nine months and can hardly believe that we have managed to get rid of this terrible document.
The job is not done, yet, as many hcp's were informed and now have to be re-informed, and better this time!
I will hopefully be able to give my workshop on brain development on more occasions, so that people get a different, broader perspective.
A couple of sweet Lactnet-collegues are now busy editing my English translation of the statement we made. I may ask another last glance at the end-result, when we're done. (Those who offered... I'll find you! ;-))
As soon as it is ready, I will make it availble, so that others can use it, if they have to deal with hcp's who believe in leaving a baby to self-regulate, where the brain is not at all able to do that in early newborn life.
Just about an hour ago, I got a phone call from *the* quality evening programme, asking me to find parents with a cry-baby who are willing to tell what it means to them and how they deal with it.
So... I stay put behind my computer and see e-mails flowing in from all the collegues answering my call for a cry-baby that they forwarded to other lists and fora.
I really hope we can make a useful contribution to the news item tonight. The psychologist we worked with (opponent of the guideline) ánd the lady who considers the guideline her baby will both be interviewed and the parents will tell about their baby. This whole issue is causing a great deal of commotion now, and I'm *so* glad we kept working on it, together with others in the field! Now, de-implementation is due...! hahaha
Thank you all, for often backing things up with interesting research links, that strenghtened my belief in being on the right track.

Warmly,

Marianne Vanderveen IBCLC, Netherlands (and herewith using up her quotum on Lactnet for today... ;o))

Archives: http://community.lsoft.com/archives/LACTNET.html
To reach list owners: [log in to unmask]
Mail all list management commands to: [log in to unmask]
COMMANDS:
1. To temporarily stop your subscription write in the body of an email: set lactnet nomail
2. To start it again: set lactnet mail
3. To unsubscribe: unsubscribe lactnet
4. To get a comprehensive list of rules and directions: get lactnet welcome

ATOM RSS1 RSS2