Lactation Information and Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 1 Aug 2008 19:40:49 -0400
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (36 lines)
Dear all:

This one is a first.  I won't say anything at all about the case, but I WITNESSED the 
bottles of formula that were given to the parents from Roosevelt Hospital in Manhattan.  
Many of the bottles had an expiration date in 2007.  The "7" is not a typo!  Fortunately, 
the parents discovered this before they gave too many bottles to their baby. These 
parents are like many I see --- they probably won't ever get around to reporting this 
because they are overwhelmed with adjusting to being parents.  Nor do I really feel it is 
up to them to have to be watch dogs for a system that should be in place to protect their 
baby.

I'm going to start taking pictures of any expired bottles I find in formula packs that have 
been given to my clients to keep a anonymous record of how often this might be 
occurring and from which hospitals.  Anyone in the New York City area that notices such 
expired bottles and takes a picture or a sample of these expired bottles, please feel free 
to email me privately if you encounter similar distribution of expired promotional samples 
from area hospitals.

I'd like to keep a record so that something can be done on a public health level to protect 
infants from this type of lapse.  

Best regards, 

Susan Burger

Archives: http://community.lsoft.com/archives/LACTNET.html
To reach list owners: [log in to unmask]
Mail all list management commands to: [log in to unmask]
COMMANDS:
1. To temporarily stop your subscription write in the body of an email: set lactnet nomail
2. To start it again: set lactnet mail
3. To unsubscribe: unsubscribe lactnet
4. To get a comprehensive list of rules and directions: get lactnet welcome

ATOM RSS1 RSS2