Reply To:
Lactation Information and Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 9 Jan 2007 18:29:58 -0700
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (25 lines)

I have a question in light of all that has transpired with the IBLCE recently.  I understand that after much discussion several months ago, we on Lactnet were asked to drop it and move on to breastfeeding issues; however, I feel an urgent need to revisit this topic and find out what conclusions others have come to.  May I post along those lines? 

I am due to recertify this year and was hoping to do so in time for the early-bird discount, which I think was in February.  I have some CERP work pending but would still need to order several more independent modules to get the required hours.  I can't bring myself to do it in light of all that has gone on.  My private practice is "sleeping" for a while until I can put more into it when my children are older so I'm not active now but I would like to revive my practice in future years.  Is it worth it?  For those who are due to recertify this year, what have you decided?  There has been a lot of talk of just dropping it...has anyone decided to really do that?  

There's a part of me that wants to hang onto my certification just because I can, however miserable someone tries to make my implementation of it.  Call me stubborn; it won't be the first time!  But really, maybe I'm not stubborn enough to waste money on this, especially when I'm making very little money (by choice for now.)  

Please, can I hear from others who need to recert this year as to how you're processing all this?  

Thanks,
Amy Brown, IBCLC

To temporarily stop your subscription: set lactnet nomail
To start it again: set lactnet mail (or digest)
To unsubscribe: unsubscribe lactnet
All commands go to [log in to unmask]

The LACTNET email list is powered by LISTSERV (R).
There is only one LISTSERV. To learn more, visit:
http://www.lsoft.com/LISTSERV-powered.html

ATOM RSS1 RSS2