Reply To:
Lactation Information and Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 1 Mar 2012 21:28:34 -0500
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (22 lines)
Thank you - I have an immense amount of respect for this mom.  She's been so committed and so amazing.

As to your questions - 
No hormonal birth control, this baby was born C-S and Mom had a tubal at the same time.

Solids - Mom's tried both baby led and spoon fed and he just isn't interested yet.  He is *starting* to eat a tiny bit, but he just doesn't have the interest in eating and since her first had an enormous amount of food allergies, they have no desire to push that along.  Their view is that he'll eat solids when his body is ready, and they trust him to tell them when that is.  (And it is SO refreshing to work with someone willing to follow their baby's lead!)

While she's at work, her husband feeds EBM by bottle.  During her last cycle, she depleted her freezer stash, but she has several nursing friends who donated enough breast milk to get her through.  She nurses and co-sleeps, so he was nursing like crazy (because of the low production) while she was home so she needed only a limited amount for the hours she was at work.

I should add that she did manage to add a pumping session a day to try to increase her supply, and I believe she was using some fenugreek and blessed thistle as well, and had asked about Motherlove's More Milk Plus.  She looked into Reglan or Domperidone, but I believe insurance and cost was a factor - and I suspect that they wouldn't be beneficial in this case anyway.

Archives: http://community.lsoft.com/archives/LACTNET.html
To reach list owners: [log in to unmask]
Mail all list management commands to: [log in to unmask]
COMMANDS:
1. To temporarily stop your subscription write in the body of an email: set lactnet nomail
2. To start it again: set lactnet mail
3. To unsubscribe: unsubscribe lactnet
4. To get a comprehensive list of rules and directions: get lactnet welcome

ATOM RSS1 RSS2