Reply To:
Informed Discussion of Beekeeping Issues and Bee Biology <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 11 Feb 2024 03:18:52 -0500
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (11 lines)
I recently tested a beehive heater. Adhesive wallpaper and outer rods 1.5 mm diameter, twisted with a drill like a spring that gives 3W of heat, made of 0.4 mm beekeeping stainless steel wire. Why am i writing this. Because the result of the experiment was that these heaters sealed in a thick sticker 15x15cm located on the frames under the lid, powered remotely, reduced the humidity of the hive so much that the fruits were consumed due to lack of water. There was apparent cannibalism. From this finding, I judge that humidity, as well as heat, regulates the bee colony as it needs with its thermodynamics. And it needs water inside the hive, otherwise it has to import it and use more energy to develop. Ventilation through the upper opening is therefore only suitable for a short period of the year.

And I understand that there is research on bees and hives that is biased because it directly affects the results. So I think the research itself must have a precise plan to not influence the results. Otherwise the whole research thing is pointless.

Gustav Palan

The BEE-L mailing list is powered by L-Soft's renowned
LISTSERV(R) list management software.  For more information, go to:
http://www.lsoft.com/LISTSERV-powered.html

ATOM RSS1 RSS2