Reply To:
Lactation Information and Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 13 Dec 1999 21:54:30 -0500
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (8 lines)
Yeech, are any of you worried?  Not a woman candidate, not a woman interviewer, and not one single women's issue raised.   I see some of the violence and callousness of youth (some youth, not all!) as directly related to some men who see themselves as all powerful since the most heinous crimes are committed by white males in the name of power or anti-homosexuality.  In addition,  women being forced by culture to rush back to work, to picture their babies as something to "drop off", and then pick up, rush back home to do the meals, housework, and then sit down to watch their share of violent, disrespectful TV...  Children are not given the value in our culture that they deserve as our future citizens. And I am not pro-life since after working with many low-income women who are easily made to feel guilty regarding abortion, go ahead and have the baby they can't afford, don't have a participating father for the child, and must go from welfare to work...   Where are the pro-lifers when the child is getting up all night with an ear infection because the culture does not support breastfeeding... or the child needs someone to help with homework or watch their soccer game.   well, it is a complicated issue.  But better to sound off on Lactnet than rattle the windows of my house with a big ARRRG   Michelle Scott, MA,RD,IBCLC in NH

The LACTNET mailing list is powered by L-Soft's renowned
LISTSERV(R) list management software together with L-Soft's LSMTP(TM)
mailer for lightning fast mail delivery. For more information, go to:
http://www.lsoft.com/LISTSERV-powered.html

ATOM RSS1 RSS2