Reply To:
Lactation Information and Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 18 Dec 1996 08:50:19 -0600
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (6 lines)
Dear all, I have a mom who has suffered with chronic depression for years.  Amitryptalline and Zoloft have worked well for her.  She was unable to continue with these meds while she was taking fertility meds.  She has now delivered a preterm infant - who is doing quite well, is at home now and exclusively breastfeeding (yea!!!). Her ob refuses to give her anything for her depression, which is becoming increasingly severe.  I am at home for several days and have no access to my "Briggs" or Tom Hale's book on meds.  Could someone please list several  antidepressants that are compatible with BF and any special instructions i.e. optimal time to take med, etc.  Tom?  I would be so appreciative!!
Case #2 - mom with ringworm.  Does not want to take Grisofulvin.  Has tried Vit. E. internally and application externally - did not work.  Has tried mild vinegar solution externally to affected area - did not work.  Has tried taking zinc - one doc told her he thought it was eczema.  (Doesn't look or behave like eczema to me). She would like a "natural" method of ridding herself of this pesky fungus.  Any takers?  Thanks to everyone!!
Dani Hudspeth BSN, RN, IBCLC
Baylor - Dallas, Texas
[log in to unmask]

ATOM RSS1 RSS2