Reply To:
Lactation Information and Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 18 Oct 2018 00:17:40 +0000
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (13 lines)
I have not seen any mention of one of the primary excuses given for newborn routines that go against nature - namely, staff convenience! It is easier for the nurse doing the initial admission of the newborn to finish all the paperwork at once rather than to have to go back later to record the Vitamin K shot and whatever eye treatment is the protocol. When my daughter's baby was born her blood sugar was low and they insisted she go to the nursery to be supplemented. I had mom pump what she could in a rush and under pressure, then insisted that I be able to go to the nursery and feed the pumped colostrum (using the paced method, of course). Then once her next reading was "acceptable", I was not allowed to take her back to Mom because the pediatrician was on her way. Meanwhile, after waiting for the ped.for nearly a half hour, baby Katie starts rooting. I threatened to take her back to mom right then and there when the ped. finally arrived and started checking "her" babies in alphabetical order! It really corks me when staff convenience trumps nature and the baby's needs!By the way, Katie had her first bath when she was 3 days old and at home.Winnie Mading, retired

Archives: http://community.lsoft.com/archives/LACTNET.html
To reach list owners: [log in to unmask]
Mail all list management commands to: [log in to unmask]
COMMANDS:
1. To temporarily stop your subscription write in the body of an email: set lactnet nomail
2. To start it again: set lactnet mail
3. To unsubscribe: unsubscribe lactnet
4. To get a comprehensive list of rules and directions: get lactnet welcome

ATOM RSS1 RSS2