Reply To:
Lactation Information and Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 21 Jul 2020 15:00:18 +0000
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (17 lines)
The EPIIC hypothesis:Intrapartum effects on the neonatal epigenome and consequent health outcomes. Medical Hypotheses 80, 656-662. 2013discussion on the use of synthetic oxytocin, antibiotics and c-sec in the intrapartum period on the baby's.  Epigenetic remodeling...In the CBI I have a whole file on synthetic oxytocin and what it does to breastfeeding.  This article is on what synthetic oxytocin does to the baby and the mom.
In the conclusion "A fundamental tenet of clinical practice is to :do no harm".  The EPIIC group hypothesizes the routine application of interventions during a healthy childbirth event can alter physiologic epigenetic remodeling, with the potential for negative health effects.This suggests the physiological labor and birth is finely tuned to generate optimal epigentic effects for  later wellbeing"  and 110 references :-)and looking at the ref I  immediately saw "The stress of being born" by Lagercrantz in 1986.
What is being done to mothers and babies 34 years later?  I was appalled when I discovered that oxytocin is routinely given to All mothers for 12 hours after birth.
When I used to be in postpartum after delivery we checked the uterus and flow to be sure it was all tightening down nicely.  Then we progressed to a shot of oxytocin and now it is delivered IV because we don't have any faith in the mother's body working as it should and good grief maybe have baby nurse so that can help mom's uterus does what it is supposed to do.  Do I sound like an old lady?? :-)  Pat in SNJ

Archives: http://community.lsoft.com/archives/LACTNET.html
To reach list owners: [log in to unmask]
Mail all list management commands to: [log in to unmask]
COMMANDS:
1. To temporarily stop your subscription write in the body of an email: set lactnet nomail
2. To start it again: set lactnet mail
3. To unsubscribe: unsubscribe lactnet
4. To get a comprehensive list of rules and directions: get lactnet welcome

ATOM RSS1 RSS2