Lactation Information and Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 11 Oct 2015 18:53:19 -0400
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (53 lines)
Kathleen
This is why I have liked lactnet. Now autocorrect wants to call it lactade but you have helped so many people. I started near the beginning of its inception and loved all the information and the fact that I could go to the archives. Lots of thought put into answers. Lots of great research! keep it going. There is no comparison to the Face book page
 Can anyone tell me what has become of our dear fried Kathleen Auerbach
Attie Sandink Ontario, Canada
> 
> Date:    Sun, 11 Oct 2015 15:45:00 -0400
> From:    Kathleen Bruce <[log in to unmask] <mailto:[log in to unmask]>>
> Subject: Facebook
> 
> I just want to make it clear in case people did not know that Lactnet on Facebook.. Although it shares a name , has nothing to do with lactnet listserv. 
> 
> In 1995 and Kathleen Auerbach PhD  and I discussed how my idea of creating Lactnet (my computer called it whacknet Haha ) would be a good idea for the profession, as I mentioned I had the idea originally from starting a group for people who owns corgi dogs.
> 
> I wanted to put it into effect to help a friend of mine who is isolated .. Kathy and I worked on that together until she left for other work and greener pastures ever sense is evolved into a valuable resource that is fully cataloged and archived. 
> 
> I have never participated in the Facebook group and I far as I know it has nothing to do except for sharing a name. 
> 
> I can see that it might be useful for some people but it is not managed by the list group that manages this particular list
> Of members numbering over 3000 from 54 different countries.. We have 20 years of listserv archives which is really a remarkable amount of information in terms of the history of our profession.
> 
> We have had some remarkable people come and go in the 20 years that I worked with this list including but not limited to the amazing group that volunteers to manage the list now..and also many many others , Jack Newman, Catherine Watson Genna, Katherine Dettwyler, L jean Cotterman, Barbara Wilson Clay,  Marsha Walker, Tom Hale.. Frank Nice ..Among others too numerous to mention but not less valuable.   I am thankful for the many people who have contributed a great deal to the conversations and observations and illuminations that have come from the discussions here Almost every day for many years.The past 20 years of indication and discussion and networking colleagial friendship making is the  legacy we all have created so that others can study and hello the innovation and growth of our profession with its mistakes and misconceptions along with its great successes. I consider one mother and baby who breast-feed to be an amazing success and I have built my life and my work helping mothers One at a time for last 32 years. I hope that the discussions will keep going so that younger members will pick up the gauntlet and continue to build the body of science upon which our profession will stand steadily upon.
> 
> It is not one person or one set of people who have created Lactnet .. Its importance is in the day-to-day conversation from every single person who takes the time to post a question and look for the answers in an intelligent thoughtful and scientifically sound manner .  That Means you!  
> You were reading this note are the heart and soul of lactnet.
> 
> I thank every single person who asked a question that need to be asked, thought about, and the solutions found  in terms of lactation science as we all work together to promote that science of our profession as IBCLCs.   I fully expect some day that Lactnet  will no longer exist present form as communication styles change and technology improves. However I hope the spirit of black men will stay alive as people realize how important it is to make sure that every mother and baby who want to breast-feed deserve and get the best help that is available to them no matter who they are or how much money they have or where they live.
> 
> If you want a more immediate feedback experience,  set yourself to individual mail and you will have many messages to contemplate throughout the day . It is with great enthusiasm and thanks that I pat you all heartily on the back ..all 3000+ of you. Thanks for making Lactnet what I had hoped it might be 20 years ago. Each one of you do that every time you post. 
> 
> It takes a lot of people to help all those mothers and babies and no matter where the accurate knowledge comes from ..whether it be Facebook or phone calls or text messages or Skype help or what I prefer hands-on help ...there is room for many approaches to bf help..as so many still need our help to parent through breast-feeding.. it's the beginning of natural and good health, well being..as well as being cheap, clean, .and available. 😉
> 
> My husband who started out as a solar chemist used to wear a T-shirt that said that ....we are still married after 35 years.
> 
> Blessings to all
> Kathleen Bruce RN BSN and
> IBCLC at least for a little while longer.
> 
> 
> Kathleen B.  Bruce RN IBCLC
> Vermont .. USA
> 8025786841

Archives: http://community.lsoft.com/archives/LACTNET.html
To reach list owners: [log in to unmask]
Mail all list management commands to: [log in to unmask]
COMMANDS:
1. To temporarily stop your subscription write in the body of an email: set lactnet nomail
2. To start it again: set lactnet mail
3. To unsubscribe: unsubscribe lactnet
4. To get a comprehensive list of rules and directions: get lactnet welcome

ATOM RSS1 RSS2