Reply To:
Lactation Information and Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 8 Apr 2015 14:01:49 +0000
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (1 lines)
I saw an interesting YouTube video depicting a mom without arms in a third world country caring for her family and breastfeeding.  It was pretty amazing.  Wish I could link it, but I'd look. 

-----Original Message-----

From: Lactation Information and Discussion [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Allison Laverty Montag

Sent: Tuesday, April 07, 2015 5:05 PM

Subject: Resources for Disabled Mother

PTP

Had a mother in my office recently. She has very limited use of her arms due to arthrogryposis. She really wants to breastfeed and has spent quite a bit of time looking for resources for her circumstances. Some of the ideas we came up with was using a sling or other carrier that would keep baby very close and unlikely to fall.

She has a full-time caregiver and we plan to all meet to we can come up with strategies and ideas for her specific circumstances.

I thought a twin nursing pillow that was nice and flat would be helpful and we discussed creative ways and positions she could bf. I would love to find her an online community! Does anyone know of any forums or listservs for women with diabilities? It's not likely we will find many with the same disability but getting some creative minds together would be invaluable for her.

Any suggestions?

Allison Laverty Montag BA, IBCLC, RLC

Wisconsin, USA

--

"Our doubts are traitors and make us lose the good we often might win, by fearing to attempt."

William Shakespeare

Measure for Measure

Archives: http://community.lsoft.com/archives/LACTNET.html

To reach list owners: [log in to unmask]

Mail all list management commands to: [log in to unmask]

COMMANDS:

1. To temporarily stop your subscription write in the body of an email: set lactnet nomail 2. To start it again: set lactnet mail 3. To unsubscribe: unsubscribe lactnet 4. To get a comprehensive list of rules and directions: get lactnet welcome

Archives: http://community.lsoft.com/archives/LACTNET.html

To reach list owners: [log in to unmask]

Mail all list management commands to: [log in to unmask]

COMMANDS:

1. To temporarily stop your subscription write in the body of an email: set lactnet nomail

2. To start it again: set lactnet mail

3. To unsubscribe: unsubscribe lactnet

4. To get a comprehensive list of rules and directions: get lactnet welcome

ATOM RSS1 RSS2