Reply To:
Lactation Information and Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 10 Nov 2014 07:48:42 -0600
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (25 lines)
In addition to the other excellent suggestions posted for study for the IBLCE exam, I found it helpful to review some statistics and research design and interpretation.  There is an excellent chapter by Patricia Martens, a frequent ILCA speaker, that you can read partially on line.  This is a preview, the total pages will be limited, but it was enough to review for me an area in which I am not strong.  I took the IBLCE exam for the third time in July 2014, and felt this review was helpful.  I had found it by googling "Patricia Martens, understanding breastfeeding research." 

The chapter is:
"Interpretation of Statistics and Quantitative Research Design" Chapter 11, page 175, from the textbook, "Core Curriculum for Lactation Consultant Practice," edited by Rebecca Mannel, Patricia Martens and Marsha Walker.

http://books.google.com/books?id=P9EUEUH53CcC&pg=PA175&lpg=PA175&dq=Patricia+Martens+Understanding+Breastfeeding+Research&source=bl&ots=mUPLQUFXWN&sig=0kDfJRZyXKvSAt6kGirA1D_gL-c&hl=en&sa=X&ei=0L1gVK2KGsGoNuiegJgP&ved=0CD8Q6AEwCA#v=onepage&q=Patricia%20Martens%20Understanding%20Breastfeeding%20Research&f=false

You can read the table of contents for this textbook, and it has lots of good content in it.

And of course, reading Lactnet regularly is excellent preparation as well.

Anne Altshuler, RN, MS, IBCLC, LLLL
Madison, Wisconsin, USA

Archives: http://community.lsoft.com/archives/LACTNET.html
To reach list owners: [log in to unmask]
Mail all list management commands to: [log in to unmask]
COMMANDS:
1. To temporarily stop your subscription write in the body of an email: set lactnet nomail
2. To start it again: set lactnet mail
3. To unsubscribe: unsubscribe lactnet
4. To get a comprehensive list of rules and directions: get lactnet welcome

ATOM RSS1 RSS2