Reply To:
Lactation Information and Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 19 Aug 2014 11:52:08 -0700
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (21 lines)
Regarding calling CPS, a friend of mine is a social worker in a hospital, and she usually tells the family--with explanation and without threatening--when she is going to call CPS, unless she thinks there will be a harmful result in doing so.  That being said, there is no excuse for SOMEONE ELSE telling the family that you called CPS.  It's probably illegal.  You could probably sue.

My question about formula is how long does it actually take for formula to spoil?  The standard answer seems to be that you shouldn't give a baby formula that has been opened for one hour even in the fridge, but I can't think of anything else that will spoil in one hour in the refrigerator.  If a baby was drinking from the bottle and it were left out, then yes, I could see that.  Many families will mix up a day's worth of powder every morning and refrigerate until needed.  Is that actually unsafe?  Pasteurized cow milk is good for about a week in the fridge, why not formula?

Julie Tardos

====
 I went to rehab in wine country just to keep my options open.  -- Robin Williams

Archives: http://community.lsoft.com/archives/LACTNET.html
To reach list owners: [log in to unmask]
Mail all list management commands to: [log in to unmask]
COMMANDS:
1. To temporarily stop your subscription write in the body of an email: set lactnet nomail
2. To start it again: set lactnet mail
3. To unsubscribe: unsubscribe lactnet
4. To get a comprehensive list of rules and directions: get lactnet welcome

ATOM RSS1 RSS2