Lactation Information and Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 17 Oct 2013 15:15:52 +0000
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (1 lines)
Ginger and all,

My local base does not operate a hospital anymore. They have a base pediatrician but members can also see an outside pediatrician. Either way, frenulums must be clipped by an outside provider, which is designated to be an ENT. Prior pediatricians on base have been on board with referring tongue-ties, and we managed to get some through the system, but more ended up paying out of pocket due to Tri-care rejection.  The most recent pediatrician was very hostile and felt that it was virtually never justified.

I have been aware that when there is an in-house option, ie how Dr. Murphy worked in a naval hospital, that care was expedited because Tri-Care was not a part of the process. But for all of those who don't have in-house options, this is a serious problem. I have been working with base moms for over 20 years and I've seen it all. It's time to fix this and I welcome all those who will help lobby for this long-needed change.

~Lisa Marasco

Archives: http://community.lsoft.com/archives/LACTNET.html

To reach list owners: [log in to unmask]

Mail all list management commands to: [log in to unmask]

COMMANDS:

1. To temporarily stop your subscription write in the body of an email: set lactnet nomail

2. To start it again: set lactnet mail

3. To unsubscribe: unsubscribe lactnet

4. To get a comprehensive list of rules and directions: get lactnet welcome

ATOM RSS1 RSS2