Reply To:
Lactation Information and Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 15 Sep 2013 20:33:34 +1000
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (22 lines)
A mother told me she is using an "organic baby formula from Switzerland", called Holle. Have you heard of this? I looked online and all the info is basically from the company, including on websites of health food that stock organic brands. According to one website, it's made in Germany. I was aware of another organic brand, Bellamy's, but not this one, Holle. I don't usually see these products as new clients who are supplementing tend to use the big-brand products.

Bearing in mind the tragedy with harm to babies from deficiences in one brand of kosher & organic baby milk in Israel and New York a few years ago, I wondered if you wise women know anything about this brand and its safety. Some of you may live in cities where products such as these are more commonly used.

As for marketing and labelling, Holle labels these products as three stages, the first from "birth to 6 months", and the brand has "follow-on" and "toddler" products.  It was a pleasant surprise (considering that most brands available here produce and promote the unnecessary "follow-on" and "toddler" milks), to see that Bellamy's labels its baby milk for 0 to 12 months.

My question is: Do you know of any caveats about the Holle organic baby milk? Any information on Bellamy's would also be welcome.

Virginia
In Brisbane, QLD, Australia

Archives: http://community.lsoft.com/archives/LACTNET.html
To reach list owners: [log in to unmask]
Mail all list management commands to: [log in to unmask]
COMMANDS:
1. To temporarily stop your subscription write in the body of an email: set lactnet nomail
2. To start it again: set lactnet mail
3. To unsubscribe: unsubscribe lactnet
4. To get a comprehensive list of rules and directions: get lactnet welcome

ATOM RSS1 RSS2