Lactation Information and Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 19 Jan 2013 21:38:02 -0500
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (24 lines)
Hi there everyone,

Getting out some big books to double check on this request from a mom I worked with, saw her several times at a BF support drop-in.  She worked very hard and picked up a low supply and has been happily nursing her little ever since.  Baby is now 13m.  She mentions B12 but I have no idea about that.  I haven't talked to her in a while - not sure if she is getting a period or not.  I did quickly look in Hale's text so not entirely at a loss.  I have no other current details other than what is in this email but thought I'd get this off to the group and see what you all come up with while I put some thought into it here at my end.   I have her permission to post the following part of her email.  All input welcome.  thanks

Beth McMillan BA IBCLC
Ottawa, Ontario

We want to have another baby but due to my pituitary tumour which caused me to have a high prolactin level even before getting pregnant I had to go on meds (bromocrptine) in order to get pregnant. The doctors I have talked to so far said I have to wean my daughter and go on bromocrptine in order to conceive. But I want to continue breastfeeding her even during pregnancy. 

I am already 34 years old and time is not on my side. We have already lost our first born at birth and would like my daughter to have another sibling. I have read that vitamin b12 helps with pituitary problems and also help with fertility. But there is no way for me to confirm this other than the blog I read. I was wondering if there is a way given my background for me to continue breastfeeding and be able to conceive. Would you be able to ask this question for me in the discussion board or if there is a way I can ask. I am hoping there is another option like the b12 rather than the bromocrptine. That is safer with breastfeeding. 

Archives: http://community.lsoft.com/archives/LACTNET.html
To reach list owners: [log in to unmask]
Mail all list management commands to: [log in to unmask]
COMMANDS:
1. To temporarily stop your subscription write in the body of an email: set lactnet nomail
2. To start it again: set lactnet mail
3. To unsubscribe: unsubscribe lactnet
4. To get a comprehensive list of rules and directions: get lactnet welcome

ATOM RSS1 RSS2