Lactation Information and Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 21 Jan 2013 20:17:21 -0500
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (27 lines)
Rachel posted:

I guess you have the information I lacked in order to make a judgment. If you would post those things (baby's age - and growth for that matter, if baby is more than a week old, how much mother is getting out when pumping, and whether baby is on a schedule and therefore not being allowed to keep milk production going by just ad lib suckling) then everyone else could learn from the situation too.  My thoughts were conjecture. I was unable to come to any conclusion
with the information given.

In response:

Baby's age: 3 weeks
Growth: 1.5 ounces a day on average (well above birth weight)

Baby is not on a schedule and transfer 2-3 ounces per feeding.  Mother is able to pump only one ounce regardless of when she pumps (before a feed, after a feed or instead of a direct feed).  She is able to hand express about the same amount.  She has begun to pump only because she wants to.  She describes her pumping as "the flow starts and then at about an ounce it just stops.  It does not start again if I go longer."  My question was simply should a mother who is pumping 3xs a day and has been for 4 days expect to see an increase in output in that time frame when using a Hygeia pump?  With a hospital grade, or Purely Yours I would generally say yes, but I'm not familiar enough with Hygeia and was wondering if anyone had more experience with that particular pump.  

I hope this clarifies peoples concerns.

Lea

Archives: http://community.lsoft.com/archives/LACTNET.html
To reach list owners: [log in to unmask]
Mail all list management commands to: [log in to unmask]
COMMANDS:
1. To temporarily stop your subscription write in the body of an email: set lactnet nomail
2. To start it again: set lactnet mail
3. To unsubscribe: unsubscribe lactnet
4. To get a comprehensive list of rules and directions: get lactnet welcome

ATOM RSS1 RSS2