Reply To:
Lactation Information and Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 2 Nov 2009 10:38:09 -0600
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (21 lines)
I received a "free sample" of milkscreen in the mail - this is the product where you can dip a test strip into milk to see if it contains alcohol.

I feel there are a number of similarities to known products/services. The logo (mother/baby) is suspiciously similar to the LLL logo (and so is the March of Dime's logo, but nothing has been said/done about that one). The text logo has 3 dots next to it, which is a lot like Medela's old logo, I think. They're using leaves now, but I thought I remembered different colored dots. And, this company is based in Austin, Texas, which give the impression it has something to do with the Mothers Milk Bank at Austin.

There is the option to order additional "free" samples in quantities of 50 or 100. Makes me wonder if one could use this product to test urine, and therefore establish "safety" with driving. There's could be quite a market for that, should a teenager get ahold of that information...

Best wishes,
Sam Doak
Marietta Ohio

Archives: http://community.lsoft.com/archives/LACTNET.html
To reach list owners: [log in to unmask]
Mail all list management commands to: [log in to unmask]
COMMANDS:
1. To temporarily stop your subscription write in the body of an email: set lactnet nomail
2. To start it again: set lactnet mail
3. To unsubscribe: unsubscribe lactnet
4. To get a comprehensive list of rules and directions: get lactnet welcome

ATOM RSS1 RSS2