Reply To:
Lactation Information and Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 18 Mar 2008 17:14:24 -0600
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (16 lines)
Just a note to update in regards to some discussion a couple of months ago about helping our clients with limited reading ability in Spanish and English.  There is a wonderful video by Pam Wiggins called Breastfeeding: You can do it  (Tu puedes dar pecho).  It is in Spanish and English.  I have been asking on our unit about a breastfeeding video for several months, with a reply that they "used to have one around". 
So I was thrilled to find this video, and I am a bit embarrassed to say that I never thought of solving our problem with a Spanish speaking video!  (yes, a bit dense there I suppose).  Anyway, I really like it, it is nicely done with lots of ethnic groups and shows babies and mothers of different ages and nursing styles.  Just what we would like to promote.  I gave it to the unit managers to review, and look forward to using it on our unit, and if we have the budget even give some out to clients as the price looks reasonable for that use.  Just a quick thanks for all the discussion on this important topic, and how much everyone on the list really cares for our mothers. 
Happy days, 
Merilee, CLC, RN 

Archives: http://community.lsoft.com/archives/LACTNET.html
To reach list owners: [log in to unmask]
Mail all list management commands to: [log in to unmask]
COMMANDS:
1. To temporarily stop your subscription write in the body of an email: set lactnet nomail
2. To start it again: set lactnet mail
3. To unsubscribe: unsubscribe lactnet
4. To get a comprehensive list of rules and directions: get lactnet welcome

ATOM RSS1 RSS2