Reply To:
Lactation Information and Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 3 Dec 2007 22:42:17 -0500
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (30 lines)
The Maternal-Child Director, O.B.Educator, and PostPartum Mgr at my hospital are so pleased with themselves for arranging these absoLUTEly WONderful training programs for our staff. 

There are two self-taught modules; one on Postpartum care and one on Breastfeeding, both provided by March of Dimes. I believe the one on Breastfeeding was written by M-J, so says my OB Educator. She wants me and my IBCLC colleague to "facilitate a discussion" after the staff have worked through their modules and testing. They get CEUs for this training. The objective is to update the RNs' patient care skills.

I told her I would be able to answer the RNs' questions, but I will not use their materials because their sole purpose is to sell formula. She got that stiff, tolerant, pinched look on her face: "I understand your perception, and that's okay. We just think it's important for staff to hear it from you."  (Well, thanks.... I think.) 

But wait! There's more!

They have also contracted a "Scientific Lecture" sponsored by M-J on DHA, maternal good health and baby health and development. It is to be delivered by someone with her MSN, NNP, from a Medical Center in San Jose, CA. I will ID her on private inquiry even though her name is as prominent as the title of the lecture on the promotion flyer. And they serve lunch! Ain't it wunnerful!

Anybody have any experience with these three traveling dog and pony shows? Anybody have suggestions for our Q&A session on breastfeeding? I am expecting to review the module before the event so I will have appropriate comments, corrections, etc.

Phyllis

--
Phyllis Adamson, IBCLC, RLC
Glendale, AZ.
[log in to unmask]

Archives: http://community.lsoft.com/archives/LACTNET.html
To reach list owners: [log in to unmask]
Mail all list management commands to: [log in to unmask]
COMMANDS:
1. To temporarily stop your subscription write in the body of an email: set lactnet nomail
2. To start it again: set lactnet mail
3. To unsubscribe: unsubscribe lactnet
4. To get a comprehensive list of rules and directions: get lactnet welcome

ATOM RSS1 RSS2