Reply To:
Lactation Information and Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 1 May 2006 11:37:25 -0700
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (18 lines)
    a month ago a Poulso WA woman had almost-32-week quintuplets, a story that a Seattle news station has been following (during the pregnancy and the day of the births). last night there was a feature on the news about the first of the quints going home from the hospital. the footage briefly showed the mom, Courtnee, sitting in a chair nursing one of the babies. http://www.komotv.com/stories/43199.htm
  (from the written story:) "Two of the babies, Camille and Weston, still have feeding tubes, so they get bottles or breast feed every third time..... Courtnee may be the busiest. Though the babies are getting some formula in bottles, she's trying to breast feed all the babies so they each get some breast milk. "When I'm up here, I go from one to the next and then we go get something to eat," she says. "Then I nurse the next few, and then it's all about diapers!" 
   (from the video clip:) news anchor: "two of the babies, Weston, and the tiniest, Camelle, still get some food through a feeding tube, but the other 3 are hungry too." anchor says to mom "so when you're up here you're just nursing, nursing...." mom joins in, "....nursing. I go from one to the next, then there's about an hour break where we go downstairs and get something to eat, then I nurse the next few." 
    it's so nice to see a story about higher-order multiples that doesn't involve blatant advertising (oops, I meant generousity!! urgh) in the form of banners from the formula companies proclaiming "free one-year supply of X formula donated to the Y family by Z company!" now if only the photo accompanying the story showed the mom nursing instead of a baby getting a bottle!
vicki hayes rn ibclc lake stevens wa

To temporarily stop your subscription: set lactnet nomail
To start it again: set lactnet mail (or digest)
To unsubscribe: unsubscribe lactnet
All commands go to [log in to unmask]

The LACTNET mailing list is powered by L-Soft's renowned
LISTSERV(R) list management software together with L-Soft's LSMTP(R)
mailer for lightning fast mail delivery. For more information, go to:
http://www.lsoft.com/LISTSERV-powered.html

ATOM RSS1 RSS2