Reply To:
Lactation Information and Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 9 Jan 2006 06:50:10 -0800
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (21 lines)
I have permission to post, and I have responded with the best suggestions I had... but I thought I'd run this by the experts to see if anyone had  anything I hadn't thought of!  :)    Thanks in advance!    Cee    ---------- Forwarded message ----------      I am a breastfeeding mum from Malaysia, where there is not much  breastfeeding support I can get.    I have 2 boys, I breastfed the first one up to 2 years with exclusive  pumping and never breastfeed directly. I was too unsure how to   breastfeed  directly and got pressures from family to just feed him bottle then.    So with the second one, who is now 3.5 months, I am determined that I  should breastfeed him directly. During the first 2 months, I went   through  all sorts of problems with bleeding nipples, sore breast, suspected   yeast  infection and recurring blocked ducts. Then things get better in the   3rd  month but I have to send him to the sitter during the day. So he   started  bottle feeding for at 4 feedings during
 the day. Then when he turned 3  months, he suddenly refused to feed on my breast. He will screamed and  cried and arched away from me, which make me feed so sad. I didn't want  the nursing relationship to last that short.    Now I really need help and advise on how to get him back on my   breast. I  tried the methods listed on your website. The feeding when he is sleepy   is  quite fine, but once he is more alert after a few minutes of sucking,   he  will start the rejection again. And between the 2 breasts, he rejected   the  right one more. Not sure because the milkflow is faster on the right or  what. This rejection started since 23/12/05 and until now 3/1/06 he is  still not willing to get back to my breast when awake. I am really   worried  that he is going to go off my breast forever. All the websites say that  babies should get back within days but this is not the case for me.    Sometimes I can see that he wants to suck desperately but when I   offer  him the breast, he will
 start crying. He would rather suck his own   fingers  !!      I sincerely hope that with your help from your experiences with other  mums, I will be able to breastfeed him smoothly again.      Is there any similar cases where the babies reject the breast for   more  that 2 weeks and manage to get back to the breast successfully ?  

---------------------------------
 Yahoo! DSL Something to write home about. Just $16.99/mo. or less

To temporarily stop your subscription: set lactnet nomail
To start it again: set lactnet mail (or digest)
To unsubscribe: unsubscribe lactnet
All commands go to [log in to unmask]

The LACTNET mailing list is powered by L-Soft's renowned
LISTSERV(R) list management software together with L-Soft's LSMTP(R)
mailer for lightning fast mail delivery. For more information, go to:
http://www.lsoft.com/LISTSERV-powered.html

ATOM RSS1 RSS2