Lactation Information and Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 9 Jan 2005 09:32:16 -0800
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (20 lines)
Hi Jessica,
I had a biopsy on my left breast about 9:00 position when I was nursing twin 18 month olds. It did turn out to be fibroidadenoma(sp?) We tried a fine needle biopsy, but it was inconclusive so onto surgical biopsy. I had difficulty healing from the milk coming out of the incision and would recommend that you decrease your milk supply on that side by mostly nursing on the other side between now and then and just having the little one keep that side not over engorged. I believe you you can build it back up after everything heals enough. I don't know how much your 1 year old is nursing, some do so much more than others. You just want the breast with the lump to not over-react by engorging more if you don't feel like nursing on it right away. I didn't have that option with twins and it really was months of milk leaking out of the incision. no infection, but it was irritating, sore annoying and wet all the time. I don't know if what i am recommending works, but everything I know about
 breastmilk makes me feel that it is worth a shot. I remember how unnerved I was during this time and I wish you well.You certainly can e-mail me for any other info or help I can give. 
janet Dombro ibclc, LLLL

To temporarily stop your subscription: set lactnet nomail
To start it again: set lactnet mail (or digest)
To unsubscribe: unsubscribe lactnet
All commands go to [log in to unmask]

The LACTNET mailing list is powered by L-Soft's renowned
LISTSERV(R) list management software together with L-Soft's LSMTP(R)
mailer for lightning fast mail delivery. For more information, go to:
http://www.lsoft.com/LISTSERV-powered.html

ATOM RSS1 RSS2